The Long Term & Continuing Care Association of Manitoba is a membership based not-for-profit organization that has been representing health care providers since 1959. We are incorporated under Companies Act of Manitoba and have recognized bylaws. Our volunteer member-elected Board of Directors provides direction to the overall governance of the Association while full-time professional staff manage the daily administrative duties. As an organization we continue to foster long term care leadership through membership growth, development and support. Our membership represents more than 4,500 long term and continuing care beds/suites (we represent non-profit (49%), and private (51%) retirement, independent living, as well as supportive housing and personal care home residences), approximately 5000 employees, spanning all five health authorities across Manitoba.
LTCAM Mission Statement
We advance the delivery of quality long term and continuing care services and resources, through advocacy, education and networking for our members and those they serve.
Objectives of the Association are to:
- advocate on and respond effectively to industry issues such as relevant legislation, policy and funding
- actively support the provision of the best possible care and services
- enhance the profile of its members as providers of service excellence for seniors in Manitoba
- educate the public and serve as the voice on behalf of the seniors' care and services sector
- provide educational opportunities for members
- facilitate timely communications and networking opportunities
- liaise with like-minded Associations across Canada.